Our children were true Maccabis on Monday; In all senses of what a Maccabi is! They dressed in Maccabi costumes and put on a Chanukah performance for the elderly people in Shore View Nursing Home. Our children made the people there so happy! They sang loud and clear and were not shy at all about dancing with the people there. They did a wonderful job and brought smiles to tens of peoples faces. We also donated the money we have been collecting for tzedaka in school every day to help some of the people at Shore View who don't have money. We are so proud of our little Maccabis!
Here, we gave our bag of coins to Fran to buy stuff for some of the people who don't have money.
Here is what the children liked about doing a performance at Shore View:
Daniel: Shaking hands with the people
Ryan: Lighting the Menorah and sing very nice
Dalia: I liked to dance with the people
Sara: I liked to give them Tzedaka
Rachel: I danced with my friends the old people
Daniel R: I liked to shake their hands and sing so loud and clear
Dovid: I liked to sing
Alisa: I liked to dance with old people
Leah: Light the Menorah




It was a very special trip for the children and for the people of the nursing home. You should see their enlighted faces!
ReplyDeleteIt was a great idea to take them to the nursing home. from the pictures it seems the kids had a good time, and I am sure learned some important lessons. Great Job Morahs.
ReplyDeleteThanks for commenting, we appreciate your feedback :)
ReplyDelete