Thursday, November 19, 2009

Feeling Happy, Feeling Scared....


This week we started the new unit of "My Feelings." We talked about what makes us happy. We found out that everyone in our class likes to feel happy and this makes us alike. But we also found out that different kinds of things make each of us feel happy. This is what we said:
I feel happy when I am at home. (Daniel R.)
I feel happy when I sleep by myself in my bed. (Daniel P.)
I feel happy when I eat doughnuts. (Dovid)
I feel happy where I see the pictures of Israel.( Dalia)
I feel happy when I see my cousins. (Ariella)
I feel happy when I hear music. (Leah)
I feel happy when I see Beis Hamikdash. (Ryan)
I feel happy when my mom gives me a doughtnut. (Sara)
I feel happy when my mom says nice words to me like, " Alisa, I love you". (Alisa)
We learned that being happy makes us feel peaceful and calm.

Then we talked about when we feel afraid. We found out that no one likes to be scared or afraid. This makes us alike. We found out that different things make us feel afraid like things that we don't know anything about, or scary thoughts. When we are scared we might feel helpless, or might feel like running away. This is what we said:

I feel scared when a dragon comes in my dream. ( Avi)
I am scared of frogs. (Leah)
I am scared if a tree will fall on me. (Daniel R.)
I am scared of trees at night. (Ariella)
I feel scared when a tree knocks in a window at night. (Alisa)
I feel scared because I don't like to go to the boy doctor. I like to go to a good doctor, a girl doctor. (Daniel)
I am afraid of caves. (Sara)
I am afraid of some big robots.(Ryan)
I feel scared when a tree knocks in my window.( Dalia)

We discussed that a good way to resolve our fears is to talk to someone about it. Sometimes we'll find out that we don't need to be scared or afraid of what is scaring us.  At the same time it is better to avoid (don't do) things that might scare us like watching scary movies, listening to scary stories, or thinking scary thougths. Feeling afraid is ok. The important thing is to do whatever we can to resolve our fear.

No comments:

Post a Comment